We are halfway through the year, so it’s time to review my progress towards meeting my goals. Let’s go!
1. Pay Off Discover Card
MET. My monthly gym membership ($10) is charged to keep this card active.
2. Pay Off Visa
The card is paid off in full MOST months. I went overbudget during a trip last month. By the middle of July 2012, the balance should be back to zero.
3. Pay Off Citibank Student Loan
As of June 23 the payoff balance is $2800.46. After fully funding my e-fund, I will likely increase the payments to this loan.
4. $5000 Emergency Fund 1/2012
I upped my e-fund goal to $10L. I’ll meet and exceed this goal by a few hundred dollars as of my July 15th paycheck. I’ll be reconfiguring my spending once this goal is met.
5. Max Out Roth IRA – I’m still working on this one. With my aggressive savings I don’t know if I’ll be able to accomplish this.
I have not yet made any progress on this goal, although I have been contributing 18% of my gross income to my 401K and 457.
6. 457 Deferred Comp-should be at about 5%-no employer matching, but currently I’m at 15%. I didn’t contribute at all for With my new gig I’m contributing 13%. We’ll see how this will work.
a bit. I’m looking to change jobs and will adjust my contributions then.
MET. This went well, but I will be decreasing this amount soon.
7. Get a new job I started my new gig on Sept. 1, 2011
MET. I’m networking and looking for another new gig, in New York!
8. Increase my income by at least $35K/yr Epic failure. But this was based on moving to NYC. I was able to increase my income by $7K/yr, but…I decreased my monthly expenses by roughly $1K/month by moving back home.
I should not have labeled this an epic failure. I’m still working on it.
9. Relocate to New York by
June end of 2011 late 2012
See Number 7.
10. Open a high yield savings account 6/3/2011 American Express Bank 1.15% APY currently .85% APY
11. 401K I opened my 401K on Sept 1, 2011 contributing 5% to get the full match from my employer. The vesting of the match is graduated so I don’t get it all immediately. It depends on how long I remain with the company.
How was your 2QTR? Did you meet or exceed any of your goals? What are changes are you making for the remainder of the year?
MET. I’ll continue the 5% contribution for the duration of my employment.
Are you progressing towards your financial goals? What changes are you going to make for the remainder of the year?